The LifeCard® Patient Portal is an online facility which allows you to provide your personal and health related information directly to your health provider. You can enter the requested information at your convenience, saving you time from having to do so when you present yourself at your health provider’s practice, clinic or hospital. You can access the information you’ve provided at any time and you can even update it, where applicable, if you have subsequent visits with the same health provider.
An electronic Lifecard® Personal Health Record is created for you when you register via the Lifecard® Patient Portal.
The LifeCard® Patient Portal and LifeCard® Personal Health Record contains materials, software, web services and web pages which are owned or licensed by Global Health Limited (Global Health, we, us or our).
Use of the LifeCard® Patient Portal is governed by these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions).
AGREEMENT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To the maximum extent permitted by law, these Terms and Conditions govern the use of the LifeCard® Patient Portal, and we may amend them from time to time. Every time you use the LifeCard® Patient Portal, you represent to us that you:
- have read the Terms and Conditions as they stand at the time and agree to be bound by them;
- are either:
- aged 18 years or over; or
- have consent from a parent or guardian to use LifeCard® Patient Portal.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are illegal or unenforceable at law, they may be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions will continue in full force and effect.
LIFECARD® PATIENT PORTAL
The LifeCard® Patient Portal may only be used for lawful purposes. We may terminate, suspend or restrict your access to the LifeCard® Patient Portal if we become aware of any security breaches or prohibited uses or where termination, suspension or restriction of your access to the LifeCard® Patient Portal is necessary for the management of our computer systems. We are not required to provide any reason or notification for that termination, suspension or restriction.
The LifeCard® Patient Portal is not a substitute for face to face consultations between users and their registered medical practitioners or other healthcare providers.
OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Unless expressly stated otherwise, we own or are licensed to use all content appearing on or in the LifeCard® Patient Portal (including trade marks, logos and copyright material). You must not use any trade marks, logos, copyright material or other content on the LifeCard® Patient Portal, except with our express written consent or as permitted under applicable Australian and international laws.
CONTENT WE PROVIDE
We cannot guarantee that any information (including any file) accessible from, or uploaded to, the LifeCard® Patient Portal is free from computer viruses, other faults or defects. It is your responsibility to scan the information for computer viruses, and you assume the risk of any damage to your computer and associated equipment arising out of accessing or using the LifeCard® Patient Portal.
CONTENT YOU OR YOUR AUTHORISED DELEGATES PROVIDE
You are solely and fully responsible for any content (including any personal information, health and medical information or other material) that you or a third party, including an authorised delegate, enter or upload to the LifeCard® Patient Portal. We do not verify or review the accuracy or completeness of the information in any way.
You agree not to use the LifeCard® Patient Portal to post or display:
- content that you do not have the right to post or display, or that violates the intellectual property, confidentiality, privacy or other rights of any person or entity;
- content that is offensive, abusive, defamatory, discriminatory or false or misleading;
- advertising or promotional materials of any kind; or
- content that contains software viruses, malware or anything harmful to the LifeCard® Patient Portal.
We reserve the right to reject, edit or remove any user content or terminate access to all or part of the LifeCard® Patient Portal at any time in our sole and absolute discretion.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY
We cannot guarantee how your information will be used by third parties, including authorised delegates, and you are responsible for protecting your personal information in this regard.
By supplying us with personal information through the LifeCard® Patient Portal, you accept the inherent security risk of dealing online over the internet and agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security, unless we have breached a law or been in wilful default of our duties to you.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password that you use to access the LifeCard® Patient Portal. You are responsible for any activities that occur under your username and password and you must immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your username or password.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES
The LifeCard® Patient Portal may be accessible from the websites or software systems of third parties. We are not responsible for the content of those websites or software systems, or any goods or services made available on them. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we are in no way endorsing, sponsoring or suggesting an affiliation with that party or their goods or services.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We provide access to the LifeCard® Patient Portal on an “as is” basis.
To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- all warranties and implied terms are excluded from these Terms and Conditions; and
- you also waive any and all claims that you may have against us, or our officers and related companies arising from your access to and use of the LifeCard® Patient Portal.
Global Health is not responsible for any health care administered or withheld as a result of information accessed or uploaded via the LifeCard® Patient Portal. You and your authorised delegates expressly acknowledge and agree that Global Health is not responsible for, and you release Global Health, its officers, employees and agents in respect of any and all use of the LifeCard® Patient Portal. This includes but is not limited to:
- any consequences of decisions based on information (or the absence of information) on the LifeCard® Patient Portal;
- any losses, claims, damages or demands arising from or in connection with the use or performance of the LifeCard® Patient Portal, including the termination, restriction or suspension of access to the LifeCard® Patient Portal; and
- any damage to property or disruption to business operations arising from, or in connection with, any defect, virus or malware that is introduced to the LifeCard® Patient Portal.
In the case of any guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot be excluded, the liability of Global Health and its Related Bodies Corporate will be limited, at its option, to:
- re-supplying the LifeCard® Patient Portal or paying the cost of having the LifeCard® Patient Portal re-supplied (to the extent that it is characterised as a service); or
- repairing or replacing the LifeCard® Patient Portal or paying the cost of having the LifeCard® Patient Portal repaired or replaced (to the extent that is characterised as goods).
The laws of Victoria, Australia, govern these Terms and Conditions.
LIFECARD® PERSONAL HEALTH RECORD
The Terms and Conditions of LifeCard® Personal Health Record can be accessed via http://www.global-health.com/lifecard-terms-and-conditions/
Your health provider can send information directly to your Lifecard® Personal Health Record and you will be notified of the uploaded information which you may choose to view or delete, when you next access your Lifecard® Personal Health Record. If you do not delete the information your health provider has sent, you will also be able to view this information via the Lifecard® Patient Portal.